Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Week

watercolor, 9" x 12" ish
I always love watching Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year, and I miss it when the short ten or eleven show season is over for the year. Apparently a lot of folks in the UK miss it, too, so Sky Arts has catered to us with Portrait Artist of the Week! On the show, a past finalist from the annual show paints a celebrity, and the viewers are urged to paint that celebrity as well, and to submit them somehow (or post them on their social media.) Viewers' versions are highlighted on the show the next week.

I don't live in the UK or have a super duper cable package, so I have to wait until the show's posted on Youtube each week to catch up and play along. Here's my version of the past week's sitter, Clare Balding. A celebrity of some sort. (All of the portrait subjects in both shows are UK celebrities of some sort--but I am clueless as to their positions or claims to fame.)

Comments