Game of Logos

I've been working up a logo for our farm, which was instigated by my step-son's auction "win" of a website setup. The woodcut look has always been a favorite of mine, so I sketched out some ideas and carved this one from a couple of small Soft Cut blocks. 

It was not the consensus of those involved that this was a winner, but I like it (the cleaned-up version, which this is not) and I can imagine printing it on a T shirt, maybe. Someday.

Here's the version of the barn that I actually prefer, and subbed in at one point. It's lighter, so color could be layered under the black.

AND THEN
I started watching Game of Thrones.

I watch very, very little TV, to the point that I have been seriously considering dropping the super-basic TV package from my internet-phone-television package to save money. (More on this topic in a "coming soon" post!) I did read the first book of this series a long time ago, and I've been hearing about it for ages, and it turned out I could request it, a season at a time through inter-library loan...

It's not really a waste of time if I keep my sketchbook on my lap and use it as a reason to practice drawing, is it!?

Comments