Return to Rituxan


Monday was the second half of my semi-annual Rituximab infusion. Went it at 8:00, was hooked up within a few minutes, and the infusion was over with soon after noon--quicker than the first session, two weeks ago. I felt fine during the treatment, and I continue to feel fine--even a little better than usual, and I don't know if it's the drugs or if it's all in my head. Anyway, my joints, lungs and head have been well enough this week for lots of activity and fun, including taking in an awesome performance of Wicked! 

Being out of the infusion chair by 1:00 also offered me a nice block of afternoon to get some errands done. I bought several "new to me" colors of the water-mixable oil paint. 

I bow down to people who master this medium. And I keep trying to learn. Here's the only part of my unfinished "The Woodsplitter" that I dare show:




[I am not making this up. The photos I just downloaded are nowhere. Apparently, my computer agrees with me that they are better off hidden! Imagine a close-up view of a left ear and one of a right elbow.]

One thing I have learned, as I paint this fellow over and over: take the time to make some thumbnails, a sketch or two, and a decent drawing before shmearing paint.

Tune in again for progress reports, and shots, computer-willing.

Comments