Introducing...Enamel

I took a class in enameling. Karin Bremer, an Oneonta region jeweler with mad design and technological skills, announced a one-day enameling workshop. I was eager to attend because although I'd done plenty of enameling through high school and when I taught craft courses at Salem High School, I couldn't make enameling with a torch instead of in a kiln, work. Was I forgetting some important step?

Karin was a wonderful teacher and such a generous person, to have offered such a course to all of us. And to avail her studio, tools and supplies to the workshop participants. It was a fun and rewarding day.

And Naturally, I came back to my home studio and pulled out the enamels that had been taunting and perplexing me--and I made some successful (if not exactly inspired) enameled pieces. A few of them are in the photos in this post, along with some of my other new work.
















Find my work on Etsy at https://www.etsy.com/suzyfrisbee and at Good Cheap Foods in Delhi, NY.  Contact me at susanfrisbeehandmade@gmail.com. Thanks for reading! 

Comments