No updates in months? Was it a long, sad illness, a long happy vacation, a long mental depression that kept my fingers from these keys and my paintbox closed? No. It was two things:

I bought a new computer and there was a steep learning curve in facilitation; and

I dove into the world of silversmithing, and became consumed with the magic of working with metals and minerals.

Having grown up the daughter of an aerospace engineer/geology hobbyist, I was surrounded by stones, gems and rocks as a kid (unfortunately, not because we owned a diamond mine or anything like that.) Dad even had a saw for slicing stones, a tumbler and a cabochon grinder.* Other families went to the beach--we went to the hills, in search of Herkimer diamonds and rocks tat fluoresced.

Anyhow. The photo above shows a pendant that I made of sterling silver and a stone from the shore of the Delaware River that runs along our farm. It's about 2" long. I'll be posting more of the pieces from the last year in the future. 

Thank you for reading!

Susan


*FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY WAS THE LAPIDARY EQUIPMENT GOTTEN RID OF YEARS AGO WHEN MY PARENTS SAVED EVERY OTHER DARN THING THEY'D EVER OWNED???


Comments