My Somewhat Wonky Andrew Wyeth Tribute

10" x 10" oil on board
As a kid, I used to be fascinated with a picture on the wall at my best friends' house. It was a picture (now, I realize, it was a framed print) of a dish on a table, a window in the background, a sheer curtain wafting on the breeze. Golds and browns were the predominant colors. I used to notice that picture every time I was in that 1960s era living room.

The picture made me feel feelings.

My second year of college was the year I gladly switched my major from pre-med to liberal arts, and I had to take an art history class. The required text blew away my calculus and chemistry texts! I drank in that old pre-inclusion-era Jansen from cover to cover, and I dove whole hog into art history. Joyously.

And what do you know--I found Mr. and Mrs. Held's golden picture in a book, and it was by Andrew Wyeth.

Thank you, Andrew Wyeth, for stimulating my mind and inspiring me, and thank you Mr. and Mrs. Held, for having better different taste than the other parents with the sad eyed children prints!



Comments