EDUCATION, PERSERVERENCE...LUCK

Saturday, September 5, 2015

30 Day Challenge, Day 5, Acrylic Angst

I've stated before that I'm not fond of painting with acrylic paints. They dry on the way to the painting surface, they take on a plastic-y sheen when dry, the colors are garish, ugh. Then yesterday, I had some fun with them. I guess they have their place, and especially, if you use the right  (re: good quality) paints and surfaces.

Their place wasn't today!
4" x 6" acrylic on masonite
Yesterday, I used old tubes of Liquitex Artist series. Today, I set out to experiment with the Golden Open acrylic mini set of six I'd bought earlier this year. I have nothing to show for that. I still do not like the colors or the viscosity or the sheen. Maybe with different colors and a different day?

This blue woman, above, was painted with another experimental  set: The Atelier Interactive duo that Atelier has offered as a free sample. Not as frustrating as the Goldens, but still...meh.

I want to like acrylics! No smell, water cleanup, and the Golden Company is practically a neighbor. (Buy Local!)

No comments:

Post a Comment