30 Day Challenge, Day 5, Acrylic Angst

I've stated before that I'm not fond of painting with acrylic paints. They dry on the way to the painting surface, they take on a plastic-y sheen when dry, the colors are garish, ugh. Then yesterday, I had some fun with them. I guess they have their place, and especially, if you use the right  (re: good quality) paints and surfaces.

Their place wasn't today!
4" x 6" acrylic on masonite
Yesterday, I used old tubes of Liquitex Artist series. Today, I set out to experiment with the Golden Open acrylic mini set of six I'd bought earlier this year. I have nothing to show for that. I still do not like the colors or the viscosity or the sheen. Maybe with different colors and a different day?

This blue woman, above, was painted with another experimental  set: The Atelier Interactive duo that Atelier has offered as a free sample. Not as frustrating as the Goldens, but still...meh.

I want to like acrylics! No smell, water cleanup, and the Golden Company is practically a neighbor. (Buy Local!)

Comments