Saturday, January 26, 2013

As Done as This One's Going to Get

Redo on the Crematorium: I nixed the perverted perspective, and experimented with watercolors.
I do realize that, as compositions go, this is weaker than weak, but it was a "learning what watercolors can do" afternoon. I used paints from a tube for this; I used paints from pans for the previous incarnation. Although this looks better, I still have this adoration for the watercolor pan kit! So neat, so tidy, so all-contained. I really want the pans to outperform the tubes!

I also wish I'd monkeyed around with texture, because now I can see that there was plenty of opportunity, with all of that stone and slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment