A Headache, a Remedy, a Quiz and a Contest

Today, I came home from work with a headache. Not full-blown enough that I needed to go straight to bed, not full-blown enough that I wanted to use up one of my Imitrex injections, but a headache, nonetheless. One that settled in the back of my skull and interrupted my thoughts and made me not want to go to the gym and pound away on the treadmill. 

So I opted to watch a movie. And to keep my hands busy, I did some very un-detailed gesture-style sketching. Sketching often relaxes me, but to make sure that this episode was super relaxing, I used a "graphitkreide," a thick, solid "crayon" of 2B graphite, with a big, old rounded tip, on kraft paper. There was NO WAY I was going to get detail, which freed me up from trying to get all but the most general forms and gestures on the paper. = no room for stress, and hopefully, a headache cured and a relaxing afternoon.

It worked! After twenty minutes or so, my headache had disappeared! Hooray for ART!

Here's where the quiz comes in. One page of my sketches:

Don't be harsh! I was looking at the screen, not at the page!


The Quiz

Was I watching a movie set in...
A. The Future
B. The Regency Era
C. The Victorian Era
D. The American Antebellum Era

Click to become a Follower, slip me your answer in a comment, and be eligible to win this wonderful little book:



With pages like this:



And this:



It's a sweet, small book with many lovely color reproductions and black and white sketch reproductions. It could be yours! I'll pick a random winner from the correct answer pile and mail it to you! 

Thanks for reading; thanks for following Kismet.


Suzy                


Comments