Tweakin' the Beak





A little background wash, a little beefing up of the lettering, and the Inspirational Rooster Poster might be finished. 


And while on the theme of "Don't Be So Chicken," I must offer up the account of my Monday Evening.


To backtrack: My artistic background has always been from the Graphic Arts/Ad Design realm (earlier college years, job in my 20's) to the 3D realm (later college years, craft fair circuit years, the courses I teach at public school) and so my 2D illustrative skills are not tip top. I wish I'd had more training. But while I often bemoan that fact, I shouldn't. I should do something about it.

To that end, I make myself assignments and I practice, and I recently sought out figure drawing opportunities, and there was an opportunity very close by! Last Monday evening, I put on my big girl pants and went to Sketch Club! Kind of like Fight Club, but no punching. A group of nice people who like to draw, paint, sculpt the figure meet every Monday evening in the Saratoga Arts Building for a three hour session with a model. They are very, very skilled. It will not hurt me at all to continue going to Sketch Club, and to soak up as much knowledge as I possibly can from these artists. 

I'll post results....wait and watch.

Comments